Date for Blog-a-Ton 2 : September 5, 2009
Topic declaration : August 29, 2009
We successfully concluded Blog-a-Ton 1 on Tuesday. The credit goes to all the Blog-a-Tonics who participated and supported the event.
Our community has been growing at a satisfactory pace. We'll like to welcome the new Blog-a-Tonics
Here I am presenting the general pattern that will be followed in all the forthcoming Blog-a-Tons. (In the brackets, you can see the dates pertaining to Blog-a-Ton 2.)
- Initiating a new Blog-a-Ton by inviting suggestions for the topics : Second Saturday (Aug 8)
- Shortlisting the top 3 topics for further voting : Tentative (When the Blog-a-Ton Marshals feel the need to close the entries)
- Declaring the topic for Blog-a-Ton: A week before Blog-a-Ton; Last Saturday (Aug 29)
- Reminder: A day before Blog-a-Ton (Sep 4)
- Blog-a-Ton: First Saturday of every month. (Sep 5, 2009)
- Opening the Voting: Next day (Sep 6, 2009)
- Declaration of Blog-a-Tonic of the Month: Before Second Saturday (The time given for voting will be decided keeping in mind the number of participants)
I welcome the first Blog-a-Tonic of the Month, Shilpa Garg who has volunteered to help us in marshalling the Blog-a-Ton 2. I am sure she will play this role proficiently and help in conducting another smooth Blog-a-Ton.
So with this, I invite your suggestions for the topic for Blog-a-Ton 2. Please keep the following things in mind while suggesting.
- The topic should be general in scope, so that more and more Blog-a-Tonics can participate.
- Before suggesting, go through the previous ones for sure.
- If you like any of those, VOTE for them rather than giving a new suggestion.
- If you like a suggested topic but don't like the wordings, still VOTE for it and alongside suggest a new title for it.
- Give your suggestions and votes in the comments section of this post.
- Please keep these points in mind to make our job easier.
Also help in popularising Blog-a-Ton and bringing in more participants by putting up the Blog-a-Ton badge (available in the widgets) on your blog and if possible, reviewing this initiative by writing posts about it.
So, with this, it is GET SET GO from our side!